Things Satan Blinds Us To
Once saved, Satan can’t have our souls, but He blinds us by making us believe lies. He wants to blind us to being effective for God’s Kingdom. (Matthew 15:14, NKJV; Luke 6:39-40, NCV; 2 Peter 1:5-9, TLB)
4 Things Satan Blinds Us To:
1. How selfish we really are. (Jeremiah 17:17:9-10, KJV)
- Wanting our preference causes us to miss God’s presence.
- We need to learn to put away our selfish desires—doing life God’s way causes us to be fruitful and useful.
- We can only know our heart by God’s Word and His Fruit. (Matthew 12:33, NCV)
2. Come to Church instead of becoming the church.
- God wants us to come to little c – Journey Church.
- Leave furthering the Big C – Universal Church.
- Then, we will enjoy the Ultimate C – Christ.
3. Praying for our pleasure, preference, priority, and personal needs to be meet instead of God’s purpose for our life.
- Result when pain and problems come we miss the purpose in the pain—we are focused on physical needs being meet instead of our spiritual needs being met. (Matthew 16:24-27, NKJV)
- Satan keeps us so focused on our own needs we fail to share the “Good News” which is Jesus Christ—instead of “Restoring Broken Lives” our lives remain broken. (Matthew 9:35-38, NCV)
- God wants to give us a godly confidence –He wants us to be Courageous and Contagious.
- We must learn to deny ourselves.
4. We miss who the real enemy is. (Ephesians 6:12, NKJV; Ephesians 6:11-12, NCV)
- When we living out our purpose we have power in theproblem/pain.