We need to learn: Less is more; Stress is bad; God is good.
Insights to remember:
- If you want what normal people have, do what normal people do.
- If you want what few people have, do what few people do.
First way to deal with Stress is to turn and learn.
(Galatians 6:4-7, NKJV)
- Learn to bear our own burdens.
- Main purpose of stress, pressure, and burdens is so we will turn and learn from God.
- Learning and applying the God’s Word helps us reduce stress and pressure.
Second way to deal with Stress is to wait upon the Lord.
(Isaiah 40:29-31, NKJV)
- God wants the weak, powerless, and those who are about to faint and grow weary to WAIT on the Lord.
- The result of waiting on the Lord your strength will be renewed.
- Dangerous insights to all parents:
- God’s purpose for allowing stress and pressure in your children’s life is so that they will depend upon God for their strength, direction, power, and provisions.
- Stress is teaching them God’s timing is always the right timing.
- The main reason of stress and pressure is as our children get older they depend less on us and more on God.
- When we don’t allow stress to have its way, our children begin to depend more and more on us instead of God.
How do we wait on the Lord?
(Psalm 27:14, NKJV; 1 Corinthians 10:13, NKJV; Psalm 130:5-6, NKJV)
- The sooner we turn and learn from the Lord the sooner our help comes from the Lord. (Psalm 121:1-2, NKJV)
- Agree with God’s Word in doing so we are agreeing with God. (Psalm 89:52, NKJV; Matthew 6:13, NKJV; 2 Corinthians 1:20, NKJV)
- Grace and peace comes from knowledge of God and of Jesus our Lord. (2 Peter 1:2-4, NKJV)
- Apply Biblical Hope to your stress, pressure, and problems. (Psalm 30:5-6, NKJV)
- Hope is the confident expectation of a positive future in spite of your present-day circumstances.
- Agree with and apply God’s promises. (Romans 10:17, NKJV)
- Read the Bible for transformation not just
- Information + consistent application = transformation. (Psalm 130:5-6, NKJV)
- Examples of agreeing and applying God’s Promises.
- My Children are far from God; Speak peace over that child. (Isaiah 54:13, NKJV; Psalm 37:24-25, NKJV)
- I just got a bad report; Choose to believe the Lord’s report. (Psalm 91:15-16, NKJV; Isaiah 53:1, NKJV)