Get Your Ship Together: Follow and Fish
Matthew 4:19, NKJV
#1 -Jesus wants us fishing! Matthew 4:18-19, NKJV
- Jesus makes it very clear part of following is fishing—in fact if you are not fishing, you are not following.
- Prayer without inviting = Emptiness (Proverbs 12:15, NKJV)
- Distractions always lead to Destruction. (John 10:10, NKJV)
- Insights into distractions that bring destruction.
- Doing good things but not the right things.
- Family problems we miss the cure to the problem. (Ephesians 6:12, NKJV)
- Financial Problems (1 Samuel 2:7, NKJV)
- Flattery –(Pride) We start looking at how good you think you are doing and forget where it all came from. (Proverbs 16:18, NKJV)
#2 – Jesus empowers us to fish.
Matthew 28:18-20, NKJV
- When we go fishing Jesus’ power and presence will go with us in a personal and practical way!
- If we want to experience Jesus in a more personal way—we must begin to invite those far from God to church!
#3 – Why we need to fish.
Matthew 13:47-51, NLT
- When we fish we will catch all kinds of fish—what we catch will be up to Jesus.
- We are to do the fishing—Jesus will do the sorting!
- Jesus has called us to fish!