FEAR OF THE FUTURE
I want to talk about something that I have certainly struggled with in the past and maybe you have struggled with it also. That is fear of the future or fear of the unknown. If this is you, I want to share some biblical truths and it is my prayer that as you learn to believe and trust in these truths, these truths would produce peace and assurance in your life.
God goes before you:
Psalm 139:5, “You go before me and follow me. You place your hand of blessing on my head”.
- Here’s the thing, we may experience situations and circumstances that take us by surprise, but there is nothing that takes God by surprise.
- You and I exist in time, so we experience this life laterally.
- God, however, exists outside of time so God sees everything. He sees the whole picture.
- So, I may not know what tomorrow brings, but i have faith and trust in the one who does.
- The one who goes before me, the one who fights my battles, the one who is working all things together for my good because i love Him and I’m called according to his purpose.
- I know this, whatever I go through had to go through God first. Nothing takes Him by surprise!
God values and cares for You:
Matthew 6:25-26, “Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothes? Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your Heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they?
- How many of you know we take care of the things we value?
- How many of you have heard your parents say, if you would have paid for that you would take better care of it?
- It’s this principle, if you care for something, you will take care of it.
- Notice how Jesus draws our attention to the birds, he says look, they don’t even plant and harvest and yet God feeds them everyday. He cares for all their needs.
- I love how Jesus says, “are you not much more valuable than the birds of the air”!
- You are valuable to God, and God cares for that which He values.
- The text tells us to quit worrying about the temporary earthly things and focus on the eternal things like our relationship with God and other people.
God will equip you as you go:
Lamentations 3:22-23, “Because of the Lord’s great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness”. (Another translation says His mercies are new every morning).
- I think for me, one of my biggest problems was allowing my mind to run away with me over problems that never occurred.
- Someone once said, if you worry about the problems, you have to experience it twice. Once in your mind and then again when you actually go through it.
- The problem with worrying about what could happen in the future is that God hasn’t given us Grace to walk through those issues yet.
- However, God has given us the Grace to walk through today.
- Our problems of tomorrow may be uncomfortable, but God gives us the new mercies to walk through those issues.
- God will equip us as we go if we have faith in Him.
So if you are struggling with fear of the future, the fear is overcome by knowing and trusting that God goes ahead of you. God values you and God cares for you. Our Father will provide for us as we go as long as we trust in Him.
- Today, if you want to fight the battle against fear, it begins with accepting Jesus as Lord and Savior.
- Maybe there is a situation you are coming against and you are fearful. Pray right now for God’s Grace in the matter.
- Maybe you are struggling with knowing your worth and value. I want to give you a “who you are in Christ resource”.
- If you are struggling with fear, find a prayer partner and lift up the struggle to God as a team! Remember, we can’t do life alone.
As always, my heart is all about bringing those far from God close to God. If you are dealing with anything in life that is causing fear, please reach out to me. I may not be able to satisfy your needs, but I serve the one that can, His name is Jesus!
I Love you Journey Students,