The Miracle of Our Faith is not in What you Left Behind, but What’s Left Over
Romans 4:3, NLT; Romans 4:13-25, NLT
The Miracle of Your Faith
- If we are saved we should have good works, but that’s not what saves us, delivers us, and allows God to use us.
- It is our Faith that brings about the Miracles of God’s promises in our life.
- It’s right relationship with God that grows our faith and produces God’s promises in our life.
- If we think God’s promises are only for those who are perfect, then they are pointless to us.
- By Faith we want God’s promises to make me prosper—Abraham is an example of faith and how it works—it is those who believe.
- The miracle of our faith can bring those things that were dead back to life. (Romans 4:18)
- The miracle of faith is when we keep hoping; we keep believing that God will keep His promise when it looks impossible.
- Abraham’s faith was not in himself and what he had done are not done, but in God’s Promise.
- Abraham’s miracle of faith was not in what he had left behind, but what he had left over.
What did Abraham Leave Behind?
- Sleeping with his maid is one thing Abraham left behind.
- For those who have committed sexual sins—ask God to forgive you and then leave them behind, the miracle of faith is not in what you have left behind, but what you have left over.
- Don’t allow your past failures keep you from God’s favor and future.
- When you have God’s favor by faith you have a fantastic future ahead.
- Abraham left behind the lie he had Sarah tell to the King; Because she was so beautiful he made her lie about being his wife and tell King she was his sister in fear that the king would kill her.
- God Himself protected her; ladies when you have the King of Kings on your side you don’t have to worry about those on earth who think they are king.
- In spite of Abraham’s sexual sin and lying to the king and causing his wife to lie to the king—God was still going to use him in a great and mighty way!!!
Why did God use what was left? (Romans 4:16)
- Because of what Abraham believed not what he did.
- Because God promises He will deliver.
- Because Abraham’s faith, believed in God’s promise when it looked impossible.
- Because God wants to use what you have left, not what’s behind.
- Because God can make the last half of our life the best half of our life.