“We Need To Get Our Ship Together”
Go from Ordinary to Extraordinary
Matthew 4:18-19, NKJV; Matthew 28:18-20, NKJV; Luke 5:1-3, NIV
What is your boat?
- Jesus takes the ordinary and turns it into something
- Jesus wants us to have an extraordinary life that only comes when we use what He gave us for the purpose He gave it to us.
- What is in your life that Jesus wants to use and turn it into something extraordinary?
- Way to many good things take place of the best thing (Fishing for people!) (Hebrews 10:25, TLB)
- Your boat and purpose in life is to do what you do well and do it for the glory of God—then, use what ever God has given you to be the best fisherman or woman you can be.
How to go from ordinary to extraordinary! (Luke 5:4-11, NKJV)
- There is a time for talking, teaching, preaching, and a time for fishing.
- If all you do is come to church and listen to me preach and others teach—we are not fishing like Jesus told us to.
- We sure won’t catch any fish if we don’t go fishing and have the right bait!
- God created us in a way that doing what He’s called us to do is really the only thing that brings lasting joy and peace—then, Jesus takes the ordinary things in our life and turns them into extraordinary things!
- God wants us all fishing—we are in the catch and release business!
- We fish—Jesus does the catching and then we do the releasing into the ministry—then, they go fish and Jesus does the catching and they release them back into the ministry!
- When we are doing what God has called us to do people can persecute us and we can still have joy! (John 16:33, NKJV; Acts 2:28, NKJV; Acts 13:49-52, NKJV)
Jesus wants us to be so blessed we have to share our blessings. (3 John 1:4, NKJV)
- We do the fishing Jesus will do the catching and we will go from ordinary to extraordinary in every area of our life.
- The truth is doing what Jesus called us to—created us to do—our life goes from ordinary to extraordinary!!
God’s goodness and patience should lead us to repentance. (Romans 2:4, NKJV)
- When we learn what God wants us to do and we have not been doing it—it should lead to repentance—a changed way of living!
- We have been living for self, now we are going to start fishing and living for the Lord!
- Allow the goodness of the Lord to astonish you—don’t be afraid about the life you have been living, instead commit to start living the life you were created to live!