Don’t underestimate your own weakness.
- 1 Corinthians 10:12, NLT
- Acknowledging your weakness is the first step to true strength.
- The main reason we won’t admit and ask for help is pride.
Don’t follow Jesus at a distance. Luke 22:54, NKJV
- Following at a distance:
- o You sneak in and out of church.
- o You give tips instead of tithes.
- o You come to get instead of giving or serving.
- o You say you love Jesus, but never open His Word and allow Him to talk to you.
- o You are more worried about riches than relationships.
- o You spend more time worrying instead of worshipping.
- o Continuing to follow Jesus at a distance will lead to destruction.
Failure is not final.
- Failure is an event not a person.
- Overcome fear by continuing to be faithful.
- (Acts 2:41, NKJV; Acts 4:3-4, NKJV)
- Peter went from backsliding to boldness!
- Acts 4:13, NKJV; Acts 4:18-19, NKJV
Go from backsliding to boldness.
- Make sure Jesus is your Lord and Savior.
- Admit your weakness and repent.
- Find a mentor – to keep you accountable.
- Commit to staying close to Jesus by:
- Reading the Word, first 15 minutes of everyday.
- Commit to being under the Word.
- Confess your sins; Don’t try to hide them. Proverbs 28:13, NKJV
- Invite one person a week to come to church with you.
- Matthew 10:32-33, TEV