Faith That Works
James 2:14-16, NKJV
We Need Saving Faith. Ephesians 2:8-10, AMP
- We are not saved because of our goodness—we are saved by God’s greatness of giving His Son—by what Jesus did for us.
- Simple assurance of saving faith.
- Admit you have sinned. Romans 3:23, NKJV
- Understand the consequences of sins. Romans 6:23, NKJV
- Realize that Jesus Christ is our only solution to sin. John 14:6, NKJV
- Receive Christ as your Savior. Romans 10:9-13, NKJV
Working Faith—Faith That Works.
- We cannot have working faith without the work it takes to have that kind of faith
- Faith comes from hearing God’s Word—it takes work—you come to church, read your bible, listen to it, and apply it. Romans 10:17, NKJV
- We make faith work for us by stop believing your doubts and doubting your beliefs—And, learn to apply the truth to our situation. 2 Corinthians 5:7, NKJV
3 Ways to learn to apply our truth to our situations.
- We have to believe the bible is true and can be trusted. Timothy 3:16-17, NKJV
- One main reason we have so much chaos and confusion is because people don’t know what to believe or keep changing what they believe.
- One truth that can change our family, city, and nation—God’s Word is Ultimate Truth.
- God’s not an Author of confusion, but of peace. 1 Corinthians 14:33, NKJV
- When we get God’s order out of order we have disorder.
- Apply the promises to our problems. James 2:21-24, NKJV; Romans 4:17-19, NKJV
- Abraham kept going back to what God had promised—he believed in hope where there was no hope.
- We need to stop focusing on the problems and start looking to the promises.
- Remember the 4 R’s during our problems.
- Remember what God can do. Romans 8:28, NKJV; Matthew 19:26, NKJV
- Rely on God’s Promises not ours or others. Psalm 27:13, NKJV; Romans 4:17-19, NKJV
- Recognize it—we face the facts in Faith.
- Rejoice in anticipation. Romans 8:28, NKJV; Matthew 9:29, NKJV;
1 Corinthians 2:9, NKJV