First Truth About Money: Everything Belongs to the Lord
(Psalm 50:10-12, NIV; Haggai 2:8, NIV; 1 Chronicles 29:11-12, NIV; John 8:44, NKJV; John 8:32, NKJV; John 10:10, NKJV; 1 John 4:4, NKJV)
- God owns everything you have, but He requires/commands 10% given back to him—that’s called tithe.
- Riches are not forever, and when handled the wrong way it brings hurts instead of happiness. (Proverbs 27:23-24, NKJV)
- The greatest problem with finances today is socially acceptable addiction—addiction to the wrong use of money.
- We are created in God’s image—the very nature of God is to give and provide.
- We will find happiness in giving—giving brings happiness, healthiness, and wisdom.
- God’s way brings freedom—the world’s way brings bondage.
Second Truth About Money: God Requires Us To Give A Tithe Back To Him. (Leviticus 27:30-32, NKJV; Deuteronomy 14:22, NKJV; Matthew 23:23, TLB)
- God’s Word tells us to tithe and tithe is 10% of our income.
- God looks at your heart and will test your mind and you will know your heart by the fruits of your doing.(Jeremiah 17:9-10, NKJV)
- If you have a heart for God, but are not tithing and giving this is a great opportunity to test your heart and bring forth fruit.
- Word brings freedom, the world brings bondage.
- You can’t out give God. (John 12:1-6, NKJV)
- Your giving effects everyone in God’s house.
- Your giving effects all those who will come to God’s house.
- Jesus always defends, protects, and blessed those who try to bless Him. (John 12:7-9, NKJV)