Be a King Over Your Domain
Ephesians 5:22-26, NKJV; 1 Corinthians 16:13-14, TLB
4 Characteristics / Qualities of a godly man.
- He is under the leadership of Jesus Christ. (Ephesians 5:23)
- You know he is because of his actions, words, deeds, and money—He is a practicing Christian. (2 Corinthians 6:14, NKJV, GW)
- If you want to have a godly marriage that will last, the best way is before you ever get into a relationship, determine you’re not going to date anyone who is not a practicing-profession Christian. (2 Corinthians 6:14, NKJV, GW)
- He is your savior.
- Savior—Deliver, Protector, One who makes you feel safe—Provider.
- If he can’t provide you better hide.
- He is to be your savior—honor kind of man, if you can’t respect him –you won’t be happy with him.
- He is kind. (Ephesians 4:32, NKJV; Proverbs 21:9, GW)
- Kind—Shows love and affection—Manner and Morals, Gracious and Generous, Easy and Affectionate.
- Manner and morals: Men we need to show our wives good manners, that’s more than opening the doors for her, it means be clean as well. Morals – she does not need to be worried about where you are going, who you are going with, and what you are doing.
- Gracious and Generous: We always want their needs met before ours—learn how to deny yourself graciously, she needs to know that you don’t mind putting her first.
- Easy and Affectionate: Yoked together—she can come to you and find rest—Helps release each other’s burdens—it is a picture of submission, you learn to lean on him and he helps you find rest. (Matthew 11:28-30, NKJV)
God’s Perfect Plan for Couples. (Ephesians 5:27-33, NKJV)
- Just like the church is subject under Christ’ protection, provisions, and guidance—wives you are to be under your husband’s protection, provision, and guidance.
- God commands us to love our wives because He knows we will struggle with simply wanting our way instead of the best way.
- Men sanctify her; have times set apart just for her.
- God wants marriages to be a picture of what our relationship with Him looks like.
- Men are to love his wife as himself—Wives are to respect her husband.
- Women grow and win your husbands not by what you say, but what you don’t say and how you live. (1 Peter 3:1, NKJV)