#1: When are facing embarrassment, guilt, shame, and fear.
- Our Motto: I mess up—You mess up—We all mess up!
- James 3:2, NKJV; TEV; Romans 3:23, NKJV
- Example of God’s Mercy –The Woman caught in adultery. John 8:9-11, NIV
- Jesus does not condemn us, He will not condone our sins, but He will change us! Psalm 86:5, NKJV
#2: When we are disappointed and discouraged.
- John 5:2-23, NKJV
- The Miracle: Jesus responded to the man’s need with Mercy.
- The Problem:
- When we look to people for what only Jesus can do we have an entitlement and excuse problem.
- Entitlement leads to excuses.
- Excuses lead to staying where you are spiritually, physically, emotionally, and financially. Excuses are self-justification for failure.
- The Cure:
- Do what Jesus tells us to do when He tells us to do it.
- Transformation takes place during our participation.
#3: When we face death.
- Luke 23:39-43, NKJV; Luke 23:39, CEV; Luke 16:22-23, NKJV; Luke 16:24-27, NKJV
- Realize the seriousness and consequences of our sins apart from Jesus’ forgiveness.
- Until we realize we deserve punishment we will never enjoy the pardon.
- Apart from Jesus we will never be in heaven where it is happy, healthy, and holy!