The Problem is Not the Problem
Bootcamp is all about training not simply trying.
1 Timothy 4:8, NKJV, NCV, MSG
- You can’t change the fruit in your life if you don’t change the
- The fruit of the spirit is yours when you get saved, you just need to fertilize the roots and pull the weeds. (Galatians 5:22-23, NLT2)
- The seed is the Word of God. (Matthew 13:20-21, NLT2)
- We must receive and act on the Word of God.
- Your marriage will have problems and persecutions.
- Salvation is free;
fruitof the spirit is work.
- Marriages will lose the romantic emotional experience.
- True love is choosing love and commitment over convenience and chemistry.
- Salvation is free;
Train to be Soul Mates
not simply Roommates.
- Without knowing the real problem, we try to fix the wrong problem and the wrong person.
- Instead of trying to fix the other person, we need to focus on becoming the right person.
- Fix your hopes on God and seek to please Him through this relationship.
- Wanting the fruit without changing the root change will never happen.
The root of the problem is a love problem.
- Biblical love never fails…but can have lots of trials and troubles. (1 Corinthians 13:8, NKJV)
- If you don’t love yourself and the way God made you, you will have problems loving others and them loving you. (Matthew 22:37-39, NKJV)
- Great marriages take lots of hard work; without
workmarriages get bitter instead of better.
The real problem is a love Problem. (1 Peter 4:8, MSG)
- If we loved each other
likeour life depended on it, most other problems would look small.
- Let God take your marriage mess and turn into a miracle and a message.
- Connect in love before you address problems, pains, or complaints.
- Pour equity into your relationship before you try to make withdraws.
Ways to connect this week.
- Put your marriage first,
toppriority. (Matthew 6:33, NKJV; Psalm 27:1-2, NKJV)
- Have a date night.
- Make sure you are touching your mate at least twice a day without sex.
- Make a commitment to get healthier.
- Agree to not miss church apart from
- Agree not to get outside
councilunless we both agree who it is.
- Pray for your spouse.