Genesis 3:6, NCV
What activates the dysfunctional gene?
- Dysfunction is birth (gene activated) by being dissatisfied. (1 Timothy 6:7-8, NKJV)
- Dissatisfaction comes from disbelief or distorted view. (Genesis 2:15-17, NCV; Genesis 3:6, NCV; Genesis 3:11-13, NCV)
- When we have a distorted view of what we have we begin to focus on what we don’t have instead of all God’s given us.
How to function better in a dysfunctional world.
- Don’t make decisions based on emotions only. (Jeremiah 17:9-10, NKJV)
- Focus on all God’s given you. (1 Thessalonians 5:18-19, NKJV)
- Gratefulness fights greed.
- Practice being grateful.
- Commit to knowing God’s Word in the matter. (Psalm 119:11, KJV)
- The will of God is the Word of God. (Psalm 119:89, NKJV; Matthew 24:35, NKJV; Psalm 119:133, NKJV; Psalm 119:169, NKJV)
- Ask God’s will before you do something or before you buy something.
- Thank God for all He has done in your life.
- The dysfunctional family started by not being thankful for all God had given them. (Luke 17:15-19, NKJV; Luke 17:19, MSG)
- Thank God for sending Jesus to be your Savior, for continuing to forgive you, for meeting your needs.