Pandemic Panic or Passover Peace
The Lord’s Supper
Two main purpose of the Lord’s Supper.
- We do it in remembrance of what Jesus did for us. 1 Corinthians 11:23, NKJV
- It’s a time to exam our lives for sin. 1 Corinthians 11:28, NKJV
- Some of the hardest things to forgive others for are abandonment and betrayal. Psalm 27:10, NKJV
Great benefits or great consequences of the Lord’s Supper
- Benefits: What were the results of the shed blood?
- The enemy was defeated. Exodus 12:30
- Set free from bondage (Habits) Exodus 12:31
- The Lord blessed financially. Exodus 12:35
- The Lord plundered the enemy. Exodus 12:36
- The Lord healed the sick – took away their sickness. Psalm 105:37, TEV
- The Lord went before them and behind them. Protected and provided. Psalm 105:39
- They were satisfied – brought joy to the Lord and people. Psalm 105:40, 43; Acts 17:24-25, TLB
- Sickness: Spiritually and physically.
The Lord’s Supper with Jesus was in remembrance of the Lord’s Passover. Exodus 12:11-14, NKJV
- It is to remember Him and what His Son did for us.
- God will execute judgment, but God’s grace always comes first.
- All battles then, and now are about Who’s God; who are we going to worship?
- The blood delivers and protects; Jesus is that blood, He is the Lamb, don’t forget Him and what He has done. Exodus 12:21-29, NKJV
- When we are in great need we need to be under the blood of the lamb; He is our Shelter, protector, and provider.
- The destroyer must obey God.
- The blood of Jesus will cause the destroyer to pass our home; the blood of Jesus sets us free from the enemy. Psalm 105:36-43, NKJV; Psalm 105:37, TEV
It is time to examine our lives for sin and allow Jesus to cover those sins. 1 Corinthians 11:23-32, NKJV
- Giving thanks can and should be a part of the Lord’s Supper.
- Thank Him for our salvation and the price it cost Him and His Son.
- Unworthy is a lifestyle of continued open sin.
- Examine ourselves for sins we have not confessed.
- This is a great time to forgive all who have hurt you.
- If you eat and drink the Lord’s Supper without forgiving others and confessing sin you are not discerning the truth about what Jesus did for you; You will bring judgment upon your life.
- This is a time to put our sins under the blood of Jesus Christ. 1 John 1:7-10, NKJV; Hebrew 9:22, NKJV
- Sins and unforgiveness can and will bring emotional and physical sickness.
- We will not know until heaven how many people’s sickness and death was simply a result of sin and unforgiveness.
- This is a great time of forgiveness and freedom. 1 Corinthians 11:31
Lord’s Supper Matthew 26:26-30, NKJV
- First take the bread as a reminder of the Body of Christ. (Remembrance of what Jesus did.) Isaiah 50:6, NKJV; Isaiah 53:7; Isaiah 52:14, NIV; Isaiah 53:5, KJV
- Second, take the juice as a reminder of the blood. Hebrews 9:22, NKJV; Matthew 26:30