Less is More — Stress is Bad — God is God
Insights to remember:
- If you want what normal people have, do what normal people do.
- If you want what few people have, do what few people do.
- Christians are not to think like normal people (Romans 12:2, NLT2; 2 Timothy 3:1, AMP; 2 Timothy 3:1, AMP; Psalm 34:8, NKJV; Proverbs 23:7, NKJV)
We are not to live and think like normal people live and think. (1 Peter 2:11-12, NLT2)
Stress wages war against our very souls and emotions.
Causes of Stress
- Unrealistic pace.
- Unrealistic expectations of others.
- Unrealistic view of life; life is not fair.
- Unrealistic desire to be liked by everyone; even Jesus was not liked by everyone.
- Unrealistic view of Who’s in control; it’s not you.
- Unrealistically trying to be someone you are not.
Cures for Stress; How to go from Stress to Rest.
- You have to choose that you want to change.
- Most people don’t change until they hurt enough to change.
- Train your mind to Trust in God to live a satisfied life instead of a stressed life. (2 Corinthians 10:3-5, NKJV; Proverbs 8:10, NLT2; Proverbs 16:16, MSG)
God gives us the freedom to choose and the power to win. (Romans 6:16, NLT2)
- Choose to be slow down and be still. (Psalm 46:10-11, NKJV)
- Be still long enough to remember He is the Lord of Host. (1 Samuel 17:45, NKJV)
- 15 minutes a day meditating on God’s Promises, goodness, and power. (Joshua 1:8-9, NKJV; Isaiah 40:28-31, NLT2)
Change your thinking to trusting.