The Most Dysfunctional Marriage in the Bible That I Know Of
Why marriages are so Dysfunctional? (Hosea 1:2-3, NIV)
- Hosea marrying a prostitute is a physical picture of how my children are treating me.
- Right priorities will change your life, marriage, finances, and future.
- Do your actions and priorities prove you love the Lord?
- Love is not a feeling–true love is something you do.
Insights into this Dysfunctional Marriage.
- Unequally yoked is not the way to start out a marriage.
- Believe it or not God told the prophet Hosea to marry this prostitute.
- When you put the Godly and the ungodly you are in for lots of hurts and heartaches the will not only affect you but those close to you like your children and family.
If you marry a Harlot–Don’t expect Holiness; If you marry a Prostitute–Don’t expect Purity.
- You can’t make your mate love you and you can’t make God stop loving you.
Hosea or God’s Word teaches us how to pray for those who are unfaithful. (Hosea 2:6-7, NKJV)
How God treats us when we return despite of the way we have treated Him. (Hosea 2:14-16, NKJV)
- God’s love is more than unconditional; God loves us despite our condition.
- He speaks words of comfort and hope.
Sexually immorality and Spiritual Immorality brings consequences.
- We have the freedom to make choices but not the consequences of those choices. (Hosea 3:1-2, NKJV; Hosea 3:1-5, MSG)
- Consequences and pain will bring about change you have to choose if you will allow the consequences to make you better or bitter.
- No matter how dysfunctional your life or your marriage is–God loves you and wants to deliver you from that life.