Be Courageous for Christ
3 types of courage: (Joshua 1:7-9, NKJV)
- Public courage.
- Interpersonal courage.
Why don’t we have more of the right courage for Christ?
Fear of rejection. To be a true courageous Christian for Christ is more about courage than knowledge. When you are not ashamed, you have the courage to speak and make a stand for Christ. (Romans 1:16, NKJV)
Sometimes we don’t receive the power until we begin to do it. (Matthew 28:18-20, NKJV) True courage for Christ is done at the right time and the right way. (Acts 5:40-42, NKJV; Matthew 5:10-12, NKJV, CEV)
6 Ways to be more courageous:
- Think what’s the worst thing that could happen.
- Many times, the courage comes only as you begin to be courageous.
- Practice what you will say or would say if needed.
- Know God wants you to be courageous for Christ even if it costs you.
- Remember, even if it costs you, you will still be glad you did it.
- Just do it!