Two Things We All Need in Life
Where are you trying to get your needs & approval?
Wrong approval leads to trying to have your needs met the wrong way. (Galatians 5:19-23, NCV) When you don’t have the right relationship and fellowship with God, you don’t have the peace and joy that the Holy Spirit has for you. (Romans 14:17, NKJV)
You have a God in heaven that wants you to know that you’re needed, known, and have His approval. How you see God is how you receive from God. How you see God is how you reveal Him to others. God wants you to see and relate to Him as the right kind of Father.
5 Types of earthly fathers:
- Tragedy father – you grew up without a dad.
- Terrible father – an abusive dad.
- Tender father – sweet and passive dad.
- Tough father – dad that’s always hard on you. (Matthew 3:16-17, NKJV)
- God loves and accepts you based on your relationship with Him, not your performance.
- Terrific father – dad that’s great but has shortcomings just like everyone else.
God is not the reflection of your earthly father, He is the perfection of your earthly father. Everything you ever longed for in your earthly father is who your heavenly Father is. When you see and hear the word of God, God wants you to think of Dad or Father in the loving, providing, protecting, and truest sense. Your heavenly Father always wants to welcome you home, back into fellowship and relationship in spite of your past, shortcomings, or sins. (Luke 15:20-24, NLT2)