Everybody will face Crisis
- 2 Kings 4:1-7, NLT
- What we are doing before the crisis comes does matter.
- Love and serve the Lord before the crisis comes prepares us for the crisis.(Matthew 5:45, NKJV; Matthew 7:24-27, NKJV)
- Our day to day choices greatly determine how we handle a crisis.
- Insights to remember:
- We are not perfect and never will be.
- Fix our eyes on Jesus…it is simply the formula to fulfillment.
- Learn to humble ourselves under God’s loving plan quickly. (2 Kings 4:1-7, NLT)
- Looking for blame and shame in a crisis leads to chaos.
- Trust God is bigger than our crisis. (2 Kings 4:5-7, NLT)
Steps to Raising the Bar in Crisis.
- Identify and define the crisis situation.
- Explore biblical principles for facing crisis from God’s perspective.
- Define immediate steps to reduce the urgency of the situation.
- Develop a plan for long-term healing and prevention of similar crisis.