Protection does not depend upon where you live or what you are doing. (Nehemiah 2:9-20, NLT)
- God not only answered Nehemiah’s prayer by giving him the provisions to build the wall, but provided protection.
- Not believing and obeying God’s promises is rebellion. (Numbers 14:9, NKJV)
- Many times, what we call fear is nothing more than God allowing our Faith to grow (the Bread).
- When God gives direction, He gives protection.
- The people (we fear—the opposition) is really nothing more than bread (strength) for the battle. (Matthew 4:1-4, NKJV)
- One of the first battle or temptations in the Bible was food:
- Jesus made His decision based on God’s Word and had victory. (1 John 5:3-4, NKJV)
- Adam and Eve made their decision based on emotions, sight, feelings, and desire and failed.
- Real reason for opposition and temptation is simply to grow our faith.
- God was telling the children of Israel allow your fear to fuel your faith.
- The safest place in the world is not where you live but who you are living for. (Romans 8:31, NKJV)
Opposition often proves it’s the right opportunity.
- Don’t ever allow opposition cause us to miss God’s Opportunities.
- Jesus allowed God’s Word to be His strength—His bread and we need to do the same.
- Insights about opposition:
- It comes from with-in. (Called fear and doubt) (2 Timothy 1:7, NKJV)
- It comes without.
- It comes from those close to you.
We never really arrive.
- As long as we live on earth it is only a journey until we get to heaven.
- Make it a Journey to joy.
- When we believe we have arrived, the truth is we just abandoned, abolished, and aborted the real mission.
- Life is not necessarily about age as it is the stage.
- Movement of God, Museum of God, Mausoleum of God.
We all need time alone.
- Two things to be used by God and know the plans God has for your life:
- Time alone with God.
- Time alone with the right people.
Questions to reflect on:
- When and where do you spend time alone with God? (Mark 1:35, NKJV; Matthew 14:23, NKJV)
- When do you spend time with the right people?
- Jesus spent much of His time and life pouring into His disciples.
- How do you know who the right people are?
- It all depends on where you want to go—we will become like those people we are around.