Example of going from Ordinary to Extraordinary. (Matthew 26:67-68, NKJV; Matthew 26:33-35, NKJV; Matthew 26:69-75, NKJV; 1 Corinthians 1:26-29, TLB; 1 Corinthians 1:25-29, AMP)
- After Jesus resurrection, Peter received the Force within—the Holy Spirit—and began to go from Ordinary to being Extraordinary!
- The Holy Spirit wants to do the same for us.
- Our goal is to be ordinary (just be yourself), but be used extraordinarily! (Acts 4:13-14, NKJV; NIV; KJV)
- Insights about the Force Within (Holy Spirit)
- The Force within us is greater than the force that comes against us. (1 John 4:4, NKJV)
- The Force within Comforts us. (John 14:16-18, TLB)
- The Force within leads us into all Truth.
- The Force within reminds us of God’s Word. (John 14:26, TLB)
- The Force within Guides us. (John 16:13-14, TLB)
The Holy Spirit helps change the way we think, which changes what we believe, and changes the way we behave. (Hebrews 13:5-6, NKJV)
- The force within is the power and presence of God through the Holy Spirit who lives in us.
- Our Motto: I mess up; You mess up; We all mess up. (Romans 3:23, NKJV; Proverbs 24:16, NKJV)
- Our Vision: “Bring those far from God close to God.” (Ephesians 2:13, NLT; Matthew 18:12, NKJV)
- Our Core Values:
- Found people Find people. (John 1:40-42, NIV; John 1:43-45, NIV)
- Saved people Serve people. (Matthew 20:26-28, NIV) Serving people are the most Satisfied people.
- Growing people change. (Romans 12:2, NKJV; 2 Corinthians 5:17, NKJV)— Who God Chooses God Changes.
- You can’t do life alone. (Romans 10:25, NIV; Mark 12:29-31, NKJV)
- You can’t out give God. (Luke 6:38, NIV)
Where do you need to start living out our Core Values this year?
- If you have messed up –you need to get up and give it to God and move on. (Philippians 3:13, NKJV)
- Have you influenced at least one person to come to church or come to know Jesus as Savior and Lord?
- The main way we serve Jesus is by serving His people –if you’re not serving in the church would you commit to finding your place?
- Have you had a behavioral change since you have come to know Jesus? Make a commitment to change your behavior.
- If you’re not in a small group would you commit to finding one this year?
- Are you tithing? If not, would you commit to tithing this year.
- Is there someone you need to forgive including yourself?
- Are you loving others as you should be? Love is an action. (1 Corinthians 13:4-7, TLB)