Plan to Have the Best Year Ever
- Know where you have come from. (Matthew 5:14-16, NKJV)
- We don’t want to live in the past, but we do want to learn from it—in every area of your life—spiritually, financially, personally, and emotionally.
- You have to come from darkness to light. (2 Corinthians 5:17, NKJV)
- Know where you are at. (Philippians 3:12-14, NKJV)
We may not be where we need to be—but thank God we are not where we used to be.
- Even though we are not where we should be—Jesus has a hold of us—we must allow Him to do in and through us what He chooses. (John 10:28-19, NKJV)
- We can be confident that the good work Jesus started in us will bring it to completion.
- Know where you want to go in 2018. (Philippians 3:13, NKJV)
- To get where we want to be in the future, we must forget the things which are behind us.
- Living in guilt is like trying to drive your car looking in the rearview mirror—you will crash before you get there.
- Learn from your past, but live for the future.
- Take time to dream about where you want to go—remember spiritual growth is the only guarantee life is going to get better. (Proverbs 29:18, KJV)
- How to get there.
- Know and believe God wants this to be your best year ever. (Haggai 2:9, NKJV)
- Write down your vision, goals, directions and decisions. (Habakkuk 2:2-3, NKJV)
- Press forward to accomplishing your goals—put forth your greatest effort.
- It takes great intentionality, not simply good intentions. (Matthew 21:28-30, NKJV)
God’s best will never happen except you move from good intentions to great intentionality—which leads to great action. (Ecclesiastes 5:3, NKJV)
Three things to do to have the Abundant Life. (1 Corinthians 2:9, AMP)
- Love God.
- Promptly obey God
- Be grateful for what God’s done.