Job 2:9, NKJV
Background—Where they came from.
- Job might have been the richest man in the area if not the world. Job 1:3, NKJV
- He loved the Lord and gave to the needy. Job 1:1, NKJV
- Job had ten kids, and lots and lots of servants.
- God had put a supernatural hedge of protection around Job’s family and finances. Job 1:6-11, NKJV
There is a great battle going on in heaven that we don’t see or understand. Ephesians 6:12, NKJV
- We have to learn God has a plan for our life!
- Satan has a plan for our life!
- God’s plan is to reverse Satan’s plan.
- We have to choose God’s plan.
- God made you on purpose with a purpose and that purpose is to help further God’s Kingdom.
- God created us in a way we can’t find our purpose until we begin to do God’s purpose.
- Satan’s agenda is to get us to fight with each other. Job 2:9, NKJV
- God’s agenda is to get us to love each other and fight the devil. Job 2:10, ESV
- Satan’s goal is to keep us from serving and knowing God and His plan and purpose for our lives and family! John 8:44, NKJV
What happens to Job and his family? Job 1:13-19, NKJV
- In one day Job and his wife lost all their children, wealth, and his physical health. Job 2:7-8, NKJV; Job 2:12, NKJV
Job’s wife’s response.
- The only person that stayed with Job was his wife—we can’t even imagine what she was going through.
- When we are at our lowest point we often say things that we would normally not say. Job 2:9, ESV
- God chose to record her words after such hurt and pain, but He did not rebuke her—He understood her hurt and pain and later blessed her in a great way!
A husband’s response. Job 2:10, ESV
- He said she sounds like a foolish woman—she didn’t sound like herself—he saw the suffering and hurting his wife was going through.
God’s Response. Job 42:10, NKJV
- Job prayed—Many times praying for those who has mistreated us is the beginning of God blessing us. Matthew 5:43-46, NKJV
- God responded with blessing Job and his wife with twice of what they had lost and allowing the latter years to be the best years!!! Job 42:12-15, NKJV; Job 42:16, NKJV
Insights from Job’s Life.
- When Job needed his wife the most—she gave him the most.
- True and lasting love is shown in the bad and trying times. Proverbs 17:17, NKJV
- Many times, we don’t and won’t understand why we are going through what we are having to go through—the question is not why, but what does God want me to learn and do.
- God is always in control even when it looks like everything is out of control. 1 John 4:4, NKJV
- Satan could not even touch Job and his family without getting permission from God. Job 1:10, NKJV; Hosea 2:6, NKJV; Hosea 2:5-7, NKJV
- We show our love and commitment to God when we are hurting, tested, and tried. Genesis 22:1-2, NKJV; Genesis 22:9-12, NKJV
- We can never, never out give God! Job 42;12, NKJV
- The real battles in life are spiritual battles and can be won spiritually. Ephesians 6:12, NKJV