Five Steps to Being a Successful Mom
1 Samuel 1:8-20, NKJV
The first thing Hanna did was to SEEK the Lord.
- The first step to being a successful mom is to SEEK the Lord.
- Too many moms seek other moms, other people for direction instead of the Lord who created our children.
- God’s Word says as long as you seek the Lord’s guidance, wisdom, and direction He will cause you to prosper! (2 Chronicles 26:5, AMP; NKJV)
- God wants you to have peace and be excited about the future. (Jeremiah 29:11-13, NKJV)
- God wants you to know if you seek Him you will find Him!
Second step to being a successful mom is to SURRENDER. (1 Samuel 1:11, NKJV)
- Surrender is the path to peace!
- Steps to surrender and finding peace.
- Accept what can’t be changed.
- Accept you can’t change others only yourself.
- Remember this is not the end of the story.
- Leaving the final outcome up to God.
- Believe God wants the best for us even when we don’t understand.
- Surrender is leaving the past, present, and future up to God.
Third step to being a successful mom is SACRIFICE.
- Sacrifice is to give up something you love for something you love more.
- Moms have to give up their time, energy, money, etc.
- It takes sacrifice and surrender to give your child back to the Lord.
- It’s sacrifice to love, correct, train, and then stop correcting and start trying to lead and influence them.
Fourth step to being a successful mom is believing in the
- You must believe there is nothing too hard for the Lord—nothing is impossible. (Matthew 17:20, KJV)
- Once she received a word from the Lord, she believed it was going to happen before it happened—that’s Faith!
Fifth step to being a successful mom is being SATISFIED with the answer God gives you! (1 Samuel 1:19, NKJV)
- We have to learn to be satisfied with the answer we get from God—believe God knows what’s best in our life.
- Discouraged, defeated, demanding, depressed, and discontented spirit limits the spirit and power of God in our life.
- Let the promises of God produce the peace and power of God in your life.