We Have to Get Our Ship Together
Follow and Fish, Jesus will do the Fighting
Matthew 4:19, NKJV; Matthew 5:10, NKJV; Matthew 5:9, NKJV,Luke 10:1-32, NKJV
Three things we have to know about fishing.
- Jesus told us to fish. Matthew 4:19, NKJV
- Obedience brings blessings. Matthew 6:33, NKJV
- If we will keep fishing we will catch fish. Psalm 126:5, NKJV
Jesus is doing the sending. Luke 10:1-32, NKJV
- When we are following that means Jesus has already been there and taken care of our every need. Luke 10:1-32, NKJV
- The harvest has never been greater and the laborers so few—the answer prayer—ask God to send our laborers!
- Many of you may feel your life is like a lamb among wolves—maybe it is because you are trying to go through life without the calling of Jesus upon your life.
- But, remember the wolves don’t have a chance against a Great Shepherd!
Following and Fishing –Jesus then takes care of the Finances. Luke 10:4-6, NKJV
- We are the peacemakers—bringing the peace of God where ever we go.
- The followers and fishermen are worthy of their wages—I would rather Jesus paying my wages than self or some company.
Following and Fishing brings a new power to our prayer life. James 5:16, NKJV
- When we are right with God—doing what God has called us to do—we have a new power and answered prayers like never before.
Following and Fishing for Jesus gives us a new freedom about the way people respond to what we say and do.
- We simply fish—invite—tell the story of Jesus and leave the results to Jesus.
Following and Fishing will keep many out of hell. Luke 16:24-31, NKJV
- We have a responsibility to tell our loved ones who don’t know Jesus as Savior about Him and we don’t want them to go to Hell. Luke 10:16, NKJV
- We simply Follow and Fish—Jesus will do the Fighting for us!
Following and Fishing brings a new joy and power.
- Doing what Jesus calls us to do brings joy.
- Doing what Jesus calls us to do brings a new power over the enemy.
- Doing what Jesus calls us to do does not mean the enemy won’t attack—it does mean greater is He who is in us than he that is in the world. 1 John 4:4, NKJV
Following and Fishing for Jesus brings a new protection.
- The safest place in the world is not where you live—but who you’re living for.
- When we are fishing and following, we can learn to rejoice in the midst of hurts. Acts 5:39-41, NKJV
Following and Fishing brings Joy to Jesus.
- The very reason God sent Jesus to die on the cross for us is where our name would be written in Heaven.