Faith of a Father
Matthew 17:14-21, NKJV
First step to Miracle Faith of a Father (and others) is Surrender. (Vs. 14)
- Surrender is holding your hands up—placing it all into God’s hands.
- Real faith of a man that brings about miracles:
- No longer worries about what the crowd or multitudes think.
- More worried about Who He is kneeling down to and what He is saying.
- Submitting to God and His authority—not words of defeat but the beginning of Victory!
Second step to Miracle Faith of a Father is asking for Mercy not your Merit. (Vs. 15)
- Mercy is undeserved forgiveness and unearned kindness—It is God giving what we need instead of what we deserve.
- God does not do great works in our lives because we deserve it—God does great works in our lives in spite of us.
Third step to Miracle Faith of a Father is not giving up or quitting when you don’t get the results you want. (Vs. 16)
- If church doesn’t work—what about trying Jesus.
- If your prayers are not answered the way you want—try finding the will of God in the matter and then keep praying until you get peace or the answer.
- If your pastor could not help—try going to Jesus instead of going to him anymore! (1 Corinthians 2:5, NKJV)
Fourth Step to Miracle Faith of a Father is even when we are Faithless Jesus is Faithful. (Vs. 17-21)
- Wives and children—love, honor, and respect your father/husband but put your trust in Jesus.
- Jesus doesn’t stop being faithful in our faithlessness—brings greet freedom!
- There will be times we are not faithful to God and others—but Jesus still loves us, wants to teach us, and work through us!