Turn Up Your Giving
“Turn Your Giving Into Fantastic Finances”
Generosity is not something God wants FROM you, generosity is something God wants FOR you! (2 Corinthians 9:6-15, TLB)
- We don’t give to get, but what we get will greatly be determined by what we give.
- God wants us to be cheerful givers—or—have Fantastic Finances—is not all about how much you have it’s learning to enjoy what you do have.
- God is able to give you everything you need—having all sufficiency in all things.
- That means sufficiency in finances, contentment, increase in love for the Kingdom, and a better marriage.
- Many people are blinded to the truth about giving—they have been so focused on getting, they have missed the blessing that comes with giving!
- Giving takes the focus off of self and puts it on God.
- We can’t out give God—one of the main reasons God gives us money is so we can give it away—as we give it back to God He gives us more to give away. (Luke 6:38, NKJV)
- When we give, people are saved—lives are changed—it brings thanksgiving to them and us!
- We give because of God’s grace towards us—God’s gift of His Son—which is too wonderful for words. (Acts 20:35, NKJV)
- If you were God, based on what you give and how you give WOULD you give you more?
Two Ways People Try and Trust Their Money. (Matthew 6:24-34, NKJV; Matthew 6:24, TEV)
- Security, Beauty or Worth.
- Loyalty greatly determines our direction and destiny—Are you loyal to money or God?
- As you learn to tithe and give your loyalty to God will grow you! (Matthew 6:21,NKJV)
- God teaches us not to try and find our security in storing up wealth.
- If you are not tithing and giving, you are looking to money for security, which it cannot bring.
- God can give you security with a little or a lot of money—while money can bring insecurity whether you have a lot or a little money.
- The other danger is we trust our money for beauty or worth—only if we had more money we would feel better about ourselves. (Philippians 4:11-13, NLT)
- Contentment is learned—We have to learn to get our contentment through our relationship with Jesus! (Philippians 4:13, NLT)
- Giving and tithing helps us develop that relationship, we can’t have a relationship with one we’re not willing to give our time and money to.
- We must learn to give out of GRACE not greed or guilt—in doing so it leads to having Fantastic Finances—we are learning to give out of love—grace—freedom! (Matthew 6:21, NKJV)
- The only thing that can bring lasting contentment is not money, fame, or things—It only comes through a constant pursued relationship with Jesus!
- We no longer have to worry like Non-Christians—because we have learned to develop our relationship with Jesus through giving, time, and pursuit—God now begins to meet any and every need! (Matthew 6:31-34)