What Do You Want for Christmas?
John 10:10b, NKJV
The Question is What do you Want MORE of?
- More of the same that you have now, More of a relationship with God, More of a relationship with your mate and kids, More love, joy, and peace, More kindness, caring, giving, money, power, fame, time, energy, and better health.
- Christmas is really about having MORE, it’s just a matter of what you want more of!
- The truth is whatever area you pursue with a passion you will have progress.
- No matter what you want more of you will enjoy it better when your relationships are right.
- That’s what Christmas is all about—God wanting us to have better relationships with Him and when our relationships are better with Him it’s better with everyone.
- If we want more love, joy, and peace it will start with a better relationship with God.
The Story of the Magi wanting MORE. (Matthew 2:1-12, NKJV)
- They were astrologers—may not have been saved.
- They were told about a savior 600 yrs. ago by Daniel—they had heart about how God had worked in Daniel’s life and how God was going to send a Savior—King of the Jews. (Daniel 2:27-28, NKJV; Daniel 2:46-49, NKJV; Isaiah 9:6, NKJV)
- The Wise men may not have known God, but they knew about Him, and because they knew about Him they wanted MORE of Him!
- When we really know about Jesus—Who He is—Why He came—and –What He wants to do in your life—You will want MORE OF JESUS!
- The truth is there is only one Mr. Wonderful and His name is JESUS—He’s Wonderful—Awesome—because He can give light in darkness—when we understand how wonderful Jesus is we will want MORE of Jesus!
- Daniel taught them about the birth of Jesus. (Isaiah 61:1-3, NKJV)
- This Jesus that is coming will bring good tiding—good news to the poor—He will heal the brokenhearted—set those in bondage free.
- Vengeance is the Lords; He will take care of those who have wronged you.
- He will comfort all who mourn—one of His main jobs is to bring comfort when we mourn, hurt, and go through sorrow.
- He will bring beauty from ashes—the worst thing you ever went through God can take it and bring beauty out of it.
- He wants to do all things great in your life where it will bring glory to Him!
How Can We Have MORE of Jesus?
- What we value we will intentionally make time for.
- You should make time for Jesus every day.
- Give Him your best –not what is left over—the best of your time, talent, and tithe!
- When we give Jesus our Best—He will take care of the rest and we can find the BEST and REST!