“I Want MORE for Christmas”
MORE_ PT. 2
John 10:10b, NKJV; MSG; Matthew 2:1-12, NKJV
What is Worship?
- It is first and foremost an encounter with the living and holy God.
- It is only as real as the involvement of those participating—Worship is not a spectator’s event it is a participator’s event.
- It is bring the best we have to Christ.
- Insights about Worship:
- We worship Him because of His Worthiness—not because of His Wealthy-ness—True worship brings Jesus our best because He is worthy! (Psalm 8:3-6, NLT)
- Most people worship Jesus for His wealth instead of His worthiness.
- Do you spend most of your time asking Jesus what He can do for you or most of your time asking what you can do for Him? (1 John 5:14-15, NKJV)
- God always has the wealth to carry out His will. (Psalm 50:10, NKJV; Jeremiah 27:5, NLT; 1 Chronicles 29:12, NLT; Proverbs 8:18, NLT)
How can we Learn to Worship His Worthiness?
- We can come to worship Jesus because of Who He was, what He did, and what He is going to do!
- Jesus was the Son of God that gave up His honor and glory to come to earth.
- Jesus is worthy because He never sinned, because of the price He paid, and the benefits and rewards we get! (John 10:10b, NKJV; MSG)