What’s Your Excuse For Not Turning Up Your Spiritual Temperature?
“Stop Being an Excuse Maker”
Luke 14:15-24, NKJV
Three Main Reasons We Make Excuses.
- We often allow our Possessions to blind us to the Privilege—coming and doing what God called us to do. (Luke 14:15, NKJV)
- Coming to supper with the King by invitation is a privilege not a pain.
- Jesus did not want his possessions; He wanted his presence so that He could bless him with protection, provisions, happiness, and peace.(Numbers 6:24-27, KJV)
- Possessions without God’s Presence are an excuse you make for not having peace.
- We choose Pleasures over Purpose.
- God wants us to enjoy what He has blessed us with, but He wants us to remember where they came from.
- Only when we find God’s purpose over pleasure can we find the rich and satisfying life Jesus has for us—don’t make excuses for not glorifying God in whatever you do.
- We choose People Prompting over God’s Prompting and Privilege of dining with Him. (Luke 14:20, NKJV)
- Another passive husband choose trying to please his wife over trying to please Jesus—the problem is you will never please your wife without pleasing Jesus first.
- When we get God’s order out of order we have disorder.
- Men’s enemies are often those in their own household simply because you are putting your wives or things before God. (Matthew 10:34-37, NKJV; Matthew 10:36-37, NKJV)
- When we put our mates, our family before Jesus it sounds good—but, it won’t last instead of the peace of God we will have the problems of God self-imposed because we did not obey God.
The Most Dangerous Excuse anyone makes.
- Not accepting Jesus Invitation to dinner—Jesus’ invitation for Him to be your Savior and Lord. (Romans 1:19-22, NKJV)
- Believers that do not invite others to church that they may experience Jesus as Savior and Lord. (Ezekiel 3:20-21, NKJV; John 15:22, NKJV; Ephesians 5:6, NLT)
- Putting off what you should do today.