Different Direction in 2017 “Go Home a Different Way”
Matthew 2:10-12, NKJV; Matthew 2:12, TLB
First we see that Christ changes us. 2 Corinthians 5:17, NKJV; 2 Corinthians 5:17-21, GW
- If your life has not changed since you met Jesus, you might be one of those who knows about Jesus, but does not know Him in a personal and powerful way.
- When we come to know Jesus in a personal and powerful way all our relationships should change-we can love and forgive in a new and powerful way-because we realize all Jesus did for us.
- You can never have the relationship God has for you without Christ.
Examples of the Change-How we go Home a Different Way-A Different Person after we meet Jesus. Mark 5:1-20, NKJV
- Those hurting and in torment, want to come and worship Jesus, but don’t feel Jesus would want anything to do with them.
- It’s a sad day, when a person comes to the point they don’t believe Jesus loves them, will forgive them, and wants to help them- that is believing the lies of the devil.
- There is no one Jesus won’t forgive and help.
- Jesus goes right to the source of the problem–you do understand the devil has to obey Jesus. Ephesians 6:12,NKJV
- Jesus can deliver, save, and make someone whole!
- Insights: The demon-possessed man had a problem that looked impossible-But the man went back home a different person.
- Since you say you come to know Jesus have you been a different person? 2 Corinthians 5:17, NKJV; James 2:19-20, NLT
One MORE Example. Luke 18:18-27, NLT
- Everybody wants to know what it takes to get to heaven, not everybody is willing to do it!
- The main reason people who want to go to heaven, but choose not to do so, is because they are living for today instead of the future-ETERNITY!
- Jesus knows what possessions, hobby, habit, and hang-up you have that’s keeping you from following Him-He wants to know are you willing to give those things up to follow Him?
- If you’re not willing to give up what’s keeping you from following Him, you might know about Jesus, but you might not Know Him as Savior and Lord.
- If you are not willing to give up those things to follow Him-Jesus has a Word for you-Word of Warning!
- The more you have the harder it is to follow Jesus, the harder it is to put your faith and trust in Jesus, because you want to trust in your wealth and riches.
- I pray everyone here goes home a different way today!